Saturday, May 9, 2009

His Comfort and Security

Sometimes I think God stays quiet with me so that I can strictly open my ears and just reflect. It’s been a few weeks since I blogged and it’s because I really didn’t have anything be put into my heart to even write about. The Lord’s stillness has reminded me of the times I rested my head on my mother’s bosom. I didn’t need to hear any speaking; I just listened to the thumping of her heart beat next to my face and to the rhythm of her breathing, this which pleased and comforted me. Sometimes my mom sang a lullaby and other times she just held me in her arms. Words were not spoken but the love she emitted was felt very graciously by my being.

“I will not leave you comfortless; I will come to you…In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.” John 14:18-20

I know that God is that same way with me. I have felt Him these past weeks…just enfolding me like my mother use to hold me. No words spoken, no singing…just feeling His love next to me. Feeling His embrace is enough to fill me up with confidence. Nobody can harm me, for I’m protected by my Father. Nothing can tackle me down, for I’m held up by the ever-lasting King.

“But he who listens to me shall live securely and will be at ease from the dread of evil.”
Proverbs 1:33

His silence might be interpreted by some as cold or as if He’s not taking me into account, but I know better. I know He’s there, contemplating in the beauty of His creation. It must be such a blessing and great feeling to see your children go on the right path. I hope my thoughts and actions cause a smile on His face every day. I hope He is pleased by me and by my attempts at reaching His righteousness.

“And the work of righteousness will be peace, And the service of righteousness, quietness and confidence forever.” Isaiah 32:17

"The King is enthralled by your beauty; Honor Him, for He is your Lord." Psalm 45:11

When I look in the mirror and see the bruises that I’ve developed because of the medication I’m on, I don’t get down or envelop myself in sadness…I smile at the reflection staring back at me. I smile, not at myself or at the outfit I might be wearing. I smile at the Lord’s creation. He made me to His image. He made me beautiful in spirit and I know He is pleased with me. I smile because it brings me such joy to make Him happy. I smile at His love and at His never-ending mercy.

I have learned to take each day as a blessing. I am thanking God for every little thing He does for me, every single day.

“Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied. ..Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.” Matthew 5:5-8
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pienso que a veces Dios es silencioso conmígo para que yo pueda abrir los oídos y simplemente reflejar. Han sido algunas semanas desde que escribo algo y es porque realmente no habia tenido algo puesto en mi corazón para escribir de ello. La calma del Señor me ha recordado los tiempos que reclinaba mi cabeza en el pecho de mi madre. No necesité oír una voz; Solamente escuchaba el golpeo pesadamente de su corazón al lado de mi cara y tambien escuchaba el ritmo de su respiración, la cual me contentaba y me confortaba. Mi mamá cantó a veces un arrullo y otras veces solamente me sostenia en sus brazos. Ningunas palabras fueron habladas pero el amor que ella emitió era sentido muy graciosamente por mi ser.

“No voy a dejarlos abandonados: volveré para estar con vosotros… vosotros me veréis, y viviréis porque yo vivo. En aquel día os daréis cuenta de que yo estoy en mi Padre, y que vosotros estáis en mí y yo en vosotros.” Juan 14:18-20

Sé que mi Dios es de esa misma manera conmígo. Lo he sentido envolverme asi estas últimas semanas… como me sostenia mi madre. Ningunas palabras habladas, ningúnas canciones cantadas… simplemente el sentir Su amor al lado de mí. El sentir Su abrazo es bastante para llenarme de confianza. Nadie puede dañarme, porque mi padre me proteje. Nada puede atacarme, porque El Rey eterno me soporta.

“Pero el que me escuche vivirá confiadamente, estará tranquilo, sin temor del mal”. Proverbios 1:33

Su silencio puede ser interpretado por algunos como frío o como si él no me esté tomando en consideración, pero yo conozco la verdad. Sé que él está allí, comtemplando en la belleza de su creación. Debe ser una gran bendición y gran sensación ver a sus hijos caminar en una trayectoria derecha. Espero que mis pensamientos y acciones causen una sonrisa en Su cara cada dia. Espero que él se satisfeche en mí y en mis tentativas de alcanzar su rectitud.

“El efecto de la justicia será la paz y la labor de la justicia, reposo y seguridad para siempre. Y mi pueblo habitará en morada de paz, en habitaciones seguras y en lugares de reposo”. Isaias 32:17-18


“Pues el rey desea tu belleza; El es tu Señor, y debes obedecerle”. Salmo 45:11

Cuando miro en el espejo y veo los moretones que he desarrollado debido a la medicación que estoy tomando, no me decaigo y no me envuelvo en tristeza… sonrío a la reflexión que me mira fijamente. Sonrío, no a mi misma o en el traje que pueda tener puesto. Sonrío por la creación del Señor. Él me hizo a Su imagen. Él me hizo hermosa en espiritu y sé que él está satisfecho conmígo. Sonrío porque me llena de tanta alegría hacerlo feliz. Sonrío por Su amor y por su interminable misericordia. He aprendido a tomar cada día como una bendición. Estoy agradecida con Dios por cada pequeña cosa que él hace por mí, cada día.

“Bienaventurados los mansos, porque recibirán la tierra por heredad. Bienaventurados los que tienen hambre y sed de justicia, porque serán saciados. Bienaventurados los misericordiosos, porque alcanzarán misericordia. Bienaventurados los de limpio corazón, porque verán a Dios.” Mateo 5:5-8

No comments:

The Happiest Place on Earth

The Happiest Place on Earth

Peaceful Hawaii

Peaceful Hawaii