Sunday, January 4, 2009




Is there anyone out there that has ever even remotely related at least one bit to those women that you hear of that lock their kids in the closet??? I know, it’s pretty far out there but the other day Jacob was just being so mischievous! I laugh about it now because –of course I’d never do anything to harm my kids! It’s just funny to think that when you’re in the moment and all of a sudden you close your eyes and see everything in s l o w m o t i o n : I looked at the closet door for a minute, contemplating the quietness and calmness of having him in the closet, out of my sight. Then I reminded myself that when he’s sick all I want is to see him running around making a mess with his toys. It was then that I smiled, sighed and hugged my boisterous little Jacob…
I’m sure I’m not the only one… Anyone out there?
It’s amusing to me how we get frustrated with our children and then I think, “Man, God must get frustrated with us as well.” We, as the parents, are able to see the BIG picture and know when something might be harmful to our child, but do they see it? I don’t think so. They cry and scream and simply don’t understand why we’re not letting them have their fun. After all, they’re just having fun. But we see what they don’t. We care so much for them and their wellbeing that we are willing to upset them and even risk them hating us at that moment…just to SAVE them. Sound familiar? I think God sometimes allows our pretty little lives filled with joy to come to a thrilling halt in order to SAVE us from the unseen. He sees the BIG picture, He knows best…why don’t we just trust HIM and let Him take care of us. Let’s stop complaining and ‘be joyful when transgressions come’; because that is when He’s doing His magic. It’s proof that He’s doing something in our midst to keep us from harm.

No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, for those who have been trained by it, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace. Hebrews 12:11

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Well, I don't have kids, and never will, but I used to be a Preschool teacher. And yes, there were times when I wanted to send a few of them into the cubby and leave them there for a bit because they were behaving so badly!! Of course, I never did. But I came THIS close to doing so many times!! LOL!

Teddybear said...

Oh how I remember those days. My children are now 31 and 33 - oops that makes me sound old.

Anyway, the one day when my daughter "went missing" at the age of 5, my heart sank - we called the police looked "everywhere" she wasn't anywhere to be seen. She was gone 5 hrs, then we heard a faint cry - she had climbed up on the top bunk bed and fell asleep.

The only place we didn't look - well why would we she can't get up there so we thought. Everyone was relieved to know she was okay just scared - I never thought about how they bugged me after that. Blessings to you, Deb

The Happiest Place on Earth

The Happiest Place on Earth

Peaceful Hawaii

Peaceful Hawaii