Friday, February 18, 2011

When the bad seems bad, it's really for the good.

Psalm 121

I look up to the mountains-
does my help come from there?
2 My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth!
3 He will not let you stumble; the one who watches over you will not slumber.
4 Indeed, he who watches over Israel never slumbers or sleeps.
5 The Lord himself watches over you! The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade.
6 The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon at night.
7 The Lord keeps you from all harm and watches over your life.
8 The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever.

No matter how bad we think things are, there is always hope. Sometimes we might be caught up in a pit of frustration and think there is no way out. But God ALWAYS sends hope. As in the story of Joseph, he was dropped into a pit by his own brothers, left to starve and die a slow ugly death. All because of envy. You might think there is no hope after this, right? Who's gonna save him now? Nobody can hear him scream or cry for help. The only ones that hear his desperate cries are his accusers. But God has a better plan. He sent some unexpected travelers on their way to Egypt to 'rescue' him. Really all he saw at the time was that now he wasn't gonna starve to death, he would be sold into slavery, by his own brothers too! You tell me, does THAT sound any better? But the Lord had a plan for him, as He does for you and me. His future would hold a miserable life in slavery. Sometimes God uses what we think is horrible and miserable and turns it into good. Years passed, and Joseph became one of the highest and most pronounced people in Egypt, holding a very prominent position next to the Pharaoh. Years too, might also pass before you are able to see how God will work into good what you're currently going through. Don't worry, no matter how horrible your life might seem right now, look to God. He has a plan for YOU! Stay strong and seek HIM with all you've got, He WILL deliver you.

To me, and others, a disease like mine seems like one of the most horrible things to go through. Almost three years have passed since being diagnosed and I still get little hints from God every now and then letting me know He is at work. I know He will deliver me. This horrible time in my life, really isn't horrible at all. In light of what God will do with it, I see it as nothing but a HUGE blessing. After all, its brought me so much good. Many good people now surround me and my life's experiences have blossomed like never before.

Life as Lizzy.


No comments:

The Happiest Place on Earth

The Happiest Place on Earth

Peaceful Hawaii

Peaceful Hawaii